Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DIY: Glittery Heels!

I transformed my old, bitten heels into glitter heels!


First I riped off the patine leather that was on the heels because my dog chewed up one of them.  I did that so it would have a smooth surface for the spray paint. I use scissors, a knife and jewelry pliers to get it off. You don't have to do this step.




Here is what you will need:
              Krylon glitter spray in whatever color you prefer, Krylon clear sealer and tape


Next you will tape down all the area you don't want to get glittery. I just did near the heel but I think it would of better if I taped the whole shoe because the glitter got everywhere.



Now you spray on the glitter. Let the first coat dry and do a second coat and let that dry too.




Just put two coats of the clear on, let it dry for about 30 mins, take off the tape and your done!



Hope you enjoyed this DIY and gave you a little project for this weekend :)

-Kara <3

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kara!

    This is actually a wonderful DIY idea! And the end product is really impressive, and doesn't look handmade at all! I'm super psyched to see what else you come up with :)

    Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woww thanks a lot :) i have a few more DIY projects come up I might put them up tomorrow :)

      Delete

cookieassistant.com